Haven't registered here yet? Sign up now! to participate in the forums and enjoy all the cool features of TristanCafe Social Network. Everything's FREE, and it will only take less than a minute, pramis :)
Forum Index Board - Category: Lifestyle & Entertainment
Technolove
posted by (Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:42AM) views: 940
Mood: Lethargic
Music: Ayo Technology - 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake, Timbaland.

It isn't real.
It can't be real.
No real bonding.
No truth.
Just words on a computer screen.

This is what most everyone says. Although I myself have not tried it completely, I'm going to have to agree with this, and disagree at the same time. Yet again, here I am being an oxymoron.

If you would've asked me several months ago about this concept (online dating); I probably would have laughed and answered, "No way!" This in a way, is my own little challenge to the world, but more so to myself. To think for once, to understand. I've learned to read between the lines. I've come to realize that love comes from words whether you're with that person or not. Words are my life, I live to write, and I live to read. If life is love; then words are love. As a reader falls in love with the poet, a chatter falls in love with the typer.

Pedophiles.
Pathological Liars.
Rapists.
Serial killers.
Scammers.

Just a few from the list of possibilities that your online lover could actually be. How hard is it to say, "I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania's famous Wharton Business School with an MBA, and to top it all of, I finished first in my class." or "I love you. You are the most beautiful being that's come to my life. I will soon be where you are, and spend the rest of my life with you." Not that hard, yeah? I'm calling myself out on this one, words can be love, but most of the time they're NOT. If there's anything else more deceiving than politics in this world, it would be false pretenses of love coming from nothing at all but the words you read on a screen, or the voice you hear on the other line. We find someone online that we click with and almost instantly label it love, without second guessing that what they're saying is just another way of letting time pass or fulfilling some sick, twisted fantasy they may have.

A little harsh, I know. But please don't get me wrong. I believe in love, I believe in its beauty and the wonders it brings to someone's being. But meeting someone online? You can now call me a skeptic. I may not have had an online relationship, but I have met someone through the powers of the interwebs. This is where I learned that soon is just another word for never, and simple requests have no reason to be done. Most of all, this is where I learned that people can easily manipulate situations, and make you believe that one day, the skies will meet with the ocean's horizon.

I don't blame anyone for reaching out and taking a hand offering itself when they've never had anyone else. Love can start through modern technology, and continue with a lot of work, dedication and keeping the trust alive, no matter what it takes; so long as both parties were true and open from the beginning. It can blossom even more when you're both finally together. So go on, keep the fire going with your better half, I just hope this online dating concept doesn't lead to your very own demise, as it did to mine.

Post a comment [6 comments]

newer post:
FIBA
older post:
Sa nakaka relate

:: comments ::
Note: New comments (since you last visited this post) are marked with
jella    •reply Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

carriebelle    •reply Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

words are very powerful. they can make you imagine. they can make you love someone. they can make you feel. they can hurt you. but the best things about words is when they tell the truth which will free you
22bentedos    •reply Sep 21, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

Ayo Technology - 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake, Timbaland.

Sobrang adik ako dati sa kantang yan.
tristan_jaspr    •reply Sep 24, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

mhalditha_chix    •reply Oct 10, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

555tuna    •reply Oct 11, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

:: leave a comment

You need to be logged-in order to post comments.
Still do not have an account?
Register for free

newer post:
FIBA
older post:
Sa nakaka relate
login:

password:

Not yet a member?
Register for free!

Lost password?